Why Blogging Is Important For Business
Blog? I read that word so many times before but never really related to it, till one day…I decided to quit my job and turn my life around: I am approaching 50s I said, this can’t be it! So I joined an online platform and started to Blog! But what is a blog?
A blog is an online publication with articles, posts, comments and reviews on a specific topic, related to a product or service that you sell and that is shown with certain periodicity maybe once a week, maybe two or three times, it all depends on how much you write. But why blogging is important for business?
Blogs have become a fundamental pillar of marketing and social media strategies and, in addition, an essential tool in finding a good position in Google for your website. A Blog, that is positioned well will be the best and free-form of advertising every business is looking for.
That’s why for both corporate websites and online stores is not just recommended creating a blog, but it should be a must.
Why Is a blog necessary?
This importance of creating a blog is due to several reasons:
A blog is a way to build customer loyalty and build trust and to position yourself as an expert in the sector in which you move, attracting traffic.
By doing so you can capture leads and increase the conversion possibilities and at the same time help improve the image of your brand and connect with the user.
You can actually share your content on social networks with literally millions of people. A Blog is a window to the world.
If you have good quality and content, users will be interested in what you share and might even be a vehicle to help you share further your products.
The importance of creating a blog if you want to improve your positioning in Google
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) this is a big word that I am sure many of you have heard so many times before; SEO is what will help you make sure that Google likes you and your Blog and therefore is willing to put your blog out there, and the more Google likes you the more you will have exposure and a good type of exposure, like first page exposure which is ultimately what you need you if you want to succeed with free and organic traffic.
SEO improves the visibility of a web to appear in the first organic results of Google for the keywords and searches that the user performs and that you have selected.
SEO is a discipline that requires a medium-long term job depending on a series of factors that are internal and external
Understanding SEO On Site
The SEO On-Site refers to the set of internal actions that influence the positioning of a web page. It is about optimizing all the parameters that are in our hand to obtain a better positioning in search engines.
So what can we do to make sure that happens?
First of all, search for the right keywords and make sure that those keywords are connected. It is what is called web semantics. Hence the importance of obtaining related words.
The Structure of your site
The structure of your website is important; your Domain name should preferably be related to your niche
The type of hosting platform you choose will influence the response time.
The Title Meta Tag which is how Google indexes your website on the search results should include the keyword, be natural but with a hook to attract the user.
Your URLs should always be friendly, and if you use Internal links make sure they help improve the usability of the website and also the understanding for the search engines.
Give Google a Sitemap that will help to know the website, its structure, and contents, Improve indexing and help its tracking.
SEO Off Page
SEO Off Page are those actions that we carry out outside our website structure to help us increase our popularity and web authority.
The SEO Off Page is based fundamentally on the Linkbuilding or generation of links to our website.
How can you achieve popularity?
To achieve popularity you will need to write as guest authors or guest blogging, use content aggregators and be high in directories and of course have a blog of the highest quality, hence the importance of creating a blog to improve your positioning.
Why would a blog help us increase our popularity? Because if our contents are of quality, other blogs will link with our articles in a natural way which will help in our SEO strategy.
Nowadays blogs are part of the Marketing strategy of almost any company; the Internet is filled with posts every day and the competition is very high, therefore we understand the importance of creating a blog. We must take into account, in addition, that the user can choose amongst many blogs, many websites, many articles and each time is more demanding.
We must be active and publish on a regular basis and, in addition, establish a publication calendar, which implies generating synergies, opening debates, responding to comments.
When I first started with my Blog and was searching for it in Google it was almost impossible to find it; only through the Sitemap and by using Google webmaster tools I could locate it at the beginning.
But Google Webmaster was also the tool I used to see how my Blog, was slowly slowly, step by step, every day a little more climbing up the scale of the position and not because of paid advertising or social media use, but simply because I was constantly publishing articles every week, two or three times a week till I finally one day made it to the first page!
Find niche markets where your content succeeds to achieve a good number of visits.
The niche markets are groups of people very specialized in the subject of which you speak and their interest in this subject is higher than that of any other user.
If you capture their attention and manage to maintain their expectations you will also manage to convert (sell your services or products). Their involvement is such that it leads them to share, comment and react to the publications of your blog.
In this way, you will achieve a community of online users that are surely your best friends for your business online.
I have said it over and over and I will always repeat it, the content is the key to your success; you should bear that in mind and it is not only about doing what others do, but about researching the news of your niche, and find what type of issues interest the user the most and do not forget that it is the user who should be the recipient of your content, it is the user that can make or break your website.
Work the SEO in your article
How to work the positioning of your blog?
A blog should be directed to the user, but we must also take into account Google when writing the articles.
A good technique would be to apply copywriting or persuasive writing in which it seeks to attract the user but without invading it.
Understand how search engines work:
Search engines track: they travel the web, so it is important to have a good structure and internal link browsing and they collect data for the different pages they find.
The updated content, an optimal loading time, optimized images etc help to make this tracking faster and that is good for Google and, therefore, also for your website.
Once the tracking has been done it’s time to do the indexing. Google will now classify the site and place it in an index according to its content, authority, and relevance. By doing so the Search Engines will show the webpage to the public in the query that users do base their search on.
There are so many factors that affect the positioning of a web page in Google and makes us wonder: what determines that one page appears in front of another?
Have you ever heard of algorithms? I know I did but had not a clue what they were.
What are Google’s algorithms
It is a formula that determines the position within Google for each keyword based on a series of parameters. This algorithm can change up to 100 times a year and it is quite complicated to know when it does it.
The main algorithms of Google that can affect your positioning are:
- Panda: it is an algorithm that affects quality and originality. Each time an update of this algorithm occurs, a web page may experience a fall or rise depending on its content, keywords, user experience … so beware of duplicate content and originality.
- Hummingbird: the importance of semantic search that implies that Google focuses on the user’s search intention
- Penguin: penalizes those pages with poor quality links.
The Essential tools to make it on Google with your Blog
- Have an optimized CMS for SEO. If you are dealing with a web nowadays the queen is without a doubt WordPress and, in the case that it is e-commerce, the same WordPress allows you through Woocommerce to design an online store optimized for SEO with a blog. There is a great option of WordPress that WA platform uses and you can access completely for free and build an entire website
- Select the right keywords. The selection of keywords is one of the steps you must take when writing your posts, always takingaccount the contents that you are going to share in it. A great tool that can help you with the finding of the right keywords is offered by Jaaxi
- Optimize URLs, generally, when you enter the title, a URL is generated automatically. The normal thing is to edit it and eliminate articles and prepositions and any strange character. In this section, you must include the keyword and not make it excessively long.
- Optimize images: Any multimedia object must be optimized. The images both at a design and descriptive level on the “alt” label must contain the keyword and the optimized weight and size. WordPress offers for that a plugin called All In One SEO that does exactly that
- Elaborate a content of quality and superior to the 800 words.
- Publish on a regular basis I have already commented, but it is important to remember that Google gives priority to the most recent published content because it is supposed to be more current and more useful for the user and Google, hence the importance of creating a blog and also keep it updated.
- Incorporate a meta description It is the summary that users will see in the search engines and that will make them decide to click on your post or pass by. It is not an SEO factor but it does affect the click-through rate
- Internal linking is important. Google wants the users to navigate internally in your blog in a coherent manner. Hence the importance of internal linking.
I guess by now you have already realized the importance of creating a blog and, if you are thinking about doing it and feel overwhelmed by the task that now seems suddenly impossible, rest assure I felt the same way.
To help me overcome all my doubts and give me direction when I was completely lost and felt like I was drowning in a mountain of information and codes I joined the WA Platform which is sort of a University online of the marketing, SEO, WordPress, and many other things.
If you need any help you can Join it for free and it has been truly a blessing for me otherwise I feel I would have quitted at day two.
But it’s not impossible at all, and me writing about it right now is the testimonial that I have actually made it and I don’t have one but two successful blogs now online.
So cheer up and don’t give up, you can do it too.
If you need any help or have any questions please leave them on the comments below I will be more than happy to answer you back.